Fatburger considers digital accessibility a vital subject to consider in today’s digital landscape. Ensuring that our platform is navigable, actionable, and consumable by people with varying physical and cognitive impairments is important to us. As such, we’ve set forth a clear plan to not only achieve, but maintain digital accessibility conformance over time.
We’ve aimed to achieve levels A and AA compliance, as set forth by the WCAG 2.1 guidelines for digital accessibility, which is an international standard on the subject. As a commitment to both achieve and maintain compliance over time, we’ve enlisted the services of ABILITY, a national leader in digital accessibility consulting services.
ABILITY has thoroughly audited our platform to identify WCAG violations, which our team has fixed and been confirmed by ABILITY. ABILITY’s auditing protocol has included:
- Multiple rounds of auditing of our website
- Screen-reader testing (JAWS and/or NVDA)
- Technical auditing of all unique templates (multi-dozen point inspection)
- Keyboard navigability testing
- Mobile reflow testing
- Random sampling testing when relevant
- Automated scanning with the A11y Toolbox accessibility compliance software
Moving forward, ABILITY will be auditing and recertifying our platform at regular intervals throughout the year to ensure that we continue to hit the moving target, as digital accessibility is fluid and can be subjective. We believe the combination of our internal efforts combined with those of an independent 3rd party will make our platform accessible to those with motor, visual, auditory, and cognitive impairment.
What has been audited and certified
- The “FAT Brands Template”, which is a WordPress template.
- The “FAT Brands Template” is a template that is used by multiple websites.
- The template, not each individual website, has been verified for WCAG 2.1 A and AA conformance.
- Individual websites that share this template will have unique content (text, pictures, etc…), but the core template is unified across all websites that share the template.
It is our pledge to our customers that we will do everything in our power to ensure that our website meets the WCAG standards throughout the year.
Digital accessibility is fluid and many of the WCAG guidelines are open to reasonable, case-by-case, best-faith interpretations. If, for any reason, you feel like a part of this platform isn’t meeting compliance standards, or could have its accessibility improved, please reach out to us and we will promptly and sincerely review your feedback. Please call us at (800) 423-5709 or email us at [email protected] to share your concerns.
The Fatburger team.